Teeth whitening has become increasingly popular over the past several years; so much so that there are now a huge variety of over-the-counter products from which to choose. Although some of these products may improve the brightness of your smile, you should remember that professional whitening is significantly more effective than OTC products. That’s why we offer our patients teeth whitening services here in our Kingsland, TX office.
Top 3 Reasons to Choose Central Texas Family Dentistry for Teeth Whitening
- A brighter, more beautiful smile increases your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Teeth whitening is a cost-effective, easy way to get the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted
- Dr. Sawyer and his trained staff of dental professionals have been providing both in-office and at-home professional teeth whitening services for many years, so they have the experience to know what would work best for each patient
Important Information about Teeth Whitening
Although you may be tempted to purchase an OTC teeth whitening product – or maybe you already have – it’s important to remember that these products are not nearly as effective as professional whitening services offered by your dentist. There are two reasons for this:
- Professional teeth whitening services include custom-made trays that are created specifically for each patient’s mouth. This allows the whitening agent to more fully cover all the teeth it comes into contact with.
- The whitening agents provided by your dentist are typically much more potent and stronger than those included in OTC whitening kits.
Dr. Sawyer offers patients either in-office whitening services that can be done here in our Kingsland, TX office, or DIY at-home whitening kits that you can do yourself in the privacy of your own home. Dr. Sawyer can help you decide which would be best for you.
Some Reminders about Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening really can make a huge difference in your smile. But there are a few important things to remember when it comes to whitening:
- One treatment doesn’t last forever, and you’ll have to repeat the process from time to time for best results.
- People with sensitive teeth may find that whitening agents increase that sensitivity, at least for a short time after whitening.
- Teeth whitening won’t change the shade of dental restorations like crowns, fillings, partials, etc.
Call Our Kingsland, TX OfficeToday
For more information about teeth whitening, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sawyer, contact our Kingsland, TX office today.