Root canal therapy is a procedure commonly done in our Kingsland, TX office, and is used to repair a tooth that is very badly decayed or onae that has developed an infection. The procedure involves removing the nerve and pulp from the tooth, then thoroughly cleaning it and sealing it off.
Three Great Reasons to Visit Central Texas Family Dentistry for Root Canal Therapy
- Root canal therapy is a great way to save a tooth, and saving a tooth is almost always preferable to losing one
- In the vast majority of the cases, the affected tooth will be as good as new after root canal therapy
- Although root canal therapy may sound intimidating to some patients, Dr. Sawyer and his trained staff have many years of experience in providing this service to patients and making them as comfortable as possible during the procedure
Important Information about Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy can be an excellent choice for a patient with a tooth that has a lot of decay present, or one that has developed an infection. The procedure is usually completed in two visits to our Kingsland, TX office. The process involves Dr. Sawyer removing the nerve and pulp from the tooth, then completely cleaning the tooth and sealing it off. Because the tooth doesn’t require either nerve or pulp to function, in most cases the tooth will be fully functional once again after the procedure is completed.
Are You a Good Candidate for Root Canal Therapy?
While it’s true that some patients may require root canal therapy and experience no symptoms whatsoever, most people will have some type of discomfort that may signal the need for root canal therapy. Some of those symptoms include the following:
- A toothache that is extremely painful and is even more painful when you chew or apply pressure to the tooth
- A discolored tooth
- Tender and/or swollen gums around the affected tooth
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food and drinks
Call Central Texas Family Dentistry Today
Root canal therapy is a fairly routine procedure and one that Dr. Sawyer has many years of experience in performing. If you believe that you or someone in your family might require root canal therapy, or for more information about this procedure, contact our Kingsland, TX office today. We are proud to serve residents from throughout the Kingsland area and would be pleased to welcome you to our family of patients.