A porcelain crown is an effective means of repairing a damaged tooth. Once one of these durable appliances is placed, it really is like getting a brand new tooth. Dr. Sawyer and his staff have many years of experience in fitting Kingsland, TX area patients with porcelain crowns.
3 Great Reason to Choose Central Texas Family Dentistry for Porcelain Crowns:
- Porcelain crowns are extremely durable and usually last for many, many years
- Because these crowns are made of porcelain, they can be created to match the shade of your natural teeth, which makes them much less obvious
- If a crown is used to repair a damaged tooth, it is usually not considered to be a cosmetic dentistry procedure, which means that most insurance companies should cover at least a portion of the cost of a porcelain crown in those instances
What You Should Know about Porcelain Crowns
A porcelain crown is a good choice for people who need a tooth repaired, or those who are looking for a permanent solution to misshaped or unattractive teeth. A crown (also called a “cap”) is a custom-made appliance that covers the entire surface of the tooth. Porcelain crowns are created to match the color of your natural teeth, making them hardly noticeable. They’re also extremely strong and usually last for many, many years.
Who are Good Candidates for Porcelain Crowns?
If you suffer from any of the following problems, porcelain crowns may very well be a great solution for you:
- Teeth that are broken
- Teeth that are unattractive or misshaped
- Decayed teeth that can’t be repaired with fillings, or fillings that can’t be replaced with another filling
- Teeth that have undergone root canals
The Process Involved in Porcelain Crowns
Getting a new porcelain crown will usually require two visits to our Kingsland, TX office. During the first visit, Dr. Sawyer will make an impression of the tooth, remove any existing decay, and shape the surface of the tooth as needed. The impression of the tooth will then be sent to a dental lab, where your permanent crown will be made, and you’ll be fitted with a temporary crown until the permanent one is ready. During your second visit, Dr. Sawyer will permanently affix the crown to your tooth, and it will be fully functional once again.
Contact Our Office Today
For more information about porcelain crowns, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sawyer, contact our Kingsland, TX office today.