Good oral health is an important part of overall health and well-being. And while it’s true that the oral hygiene routine you follow at home every day is important, visiting your dentist for regular dental exams & cleanings is necessary to ensure that you and your family enjoy the benefits of good oral health. No matter how hard you may try, you won’t be able to remove the tartar and plaque that lead to tooth decay and gum disease. That’s why we encourage our patients from throughout the Kingsland, TX area to visit our office regularly for dental exams & cleanings.
Three Great Reasons to Choose Central Texas Family Dentistry for Dental Exams & Cleanings:
- Dr. Sawyer employs only experienced and highly trained dental hygienists at our Kingsland, TX office
- Regular dental exams & cleanings are a vital part of a good oral health regimen for you and your family
- The fees charged by Central Texas Family Dentistry are very reasonable when compared to other dentists in the Kingsland, TX area
What’s Involved in Dental Exams & Cleanings
The exact procedures involved in dental exams & cleanings depend to a certain extent on the condition of each patient’s teeth and gums. If you suffer from swollen gums or other signs that might indicate the early stages of gum disease, for example, our dental professionals may measure the depths of gum pockets around your teeth. Although x-rays aren’t always necessary, they may be from time to time in order to give Dr. Sawyer a more thorough view of the condition of your teeth and gums. Typically, our dental professionals will perform the following procedures during dental exams & cleanings:
- Examine teeth for signs of decay or cavities
- Examine gums for signs of bone loss or gum disease
- Check the condition of existing dental work, such as fillings and crowns, etc.
- Check for signs of oral cancer
- Take X-rays as needed
Remember that you’re never too young or too old for regular dental exams & cleanings. Dr. Sawyer and his staff are proud to serve patients of all ages from the Kingsland, TX area. If you have questions regarding appropriate dental care for any member of your family, call our office today for more information.
Contact Central Texas Family Dentistry Today to Schedule an Appointment
Ensure that you and your family enjoy the best oral health possible by scheduling an appointment for regular dental exams & cleanings. Call our office today.