If you’re missing one or two teeth, it’s probably very tempting to not replace them and to simply live without those one or two teeth. But that’s not such a good idea. If you don’t replace your missing teeth, the others will shift in your mouth to fill the gap left by the missing teeth. For these patients, dental bridges are often an excellent choice, which is why Dr. Sawyer and his staff offer these dental appliances to their Kingsland, TX area patients.
3 Great Reasons to Choose Central Texas Family Dentistry for Dental Bridges:
- Dr. Sawyer and his staff have many years of experience in fitting patients with dental bridges
- Dental bridges are an easy way to remedy the problem of missing teeth
- The fees charged by Central Texas Family Dentistry are reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in the area
What You Need to Know about Dental Bridges
If you have missing teeth and the surrounding teeth shift out of place to fill the gap, it can negatively impact your bite. This, in turn, can make chewing food difficult or uncomfortable, and can even change the shape of your face over time. Fortunately, dental bridges are often an excellent choice for people who are missing teeth.
Generally speaking, there are two types of dental bridges available: those that are “fixed” and cannot be removed by the patient; and those that are removable. Bridges consist of one or more porcelain crowns mounted on a metal frame that fits over adjoining natural teeth to hold the bridge firmly in place. Dental bridges are very strong and should last for many years, although they may eventually need to be repaired or replaced.
Who are Good Candidates for Dental Bridges?
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, a dental bridge may be a good choice for you:
- One or more missing teeth
- An unattractive smile
- A large gap in between teeth that is making it more likely for surrounding teeth to shift
- Difficulty in chewing and/or speaking as a result of missing teeth
Contact Our Kingsland, TX Office Today for More Information
To find out more information about dental bridges, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sawyer, contact our office today. We are proud to serve people from throughout the Kingsland, TX area, and we would be happy to welcome you to our patient family.